As a block explorer for the Ethereum Blockchain, Etherscan is not a wallet nor an exchange. The account created on Etherscan does not contain any private key and do not allow withdrawal of funds.
An Etherscan account, however, allows you to keep track of your address (watch list), add custom address name tag, make transaction notes, receives alert on address activity and many more.
To sign up for etherscan.io:
- Open your favorite browser and visit Etherscan.io.
- On the home page, go to the top right-hand corner and click on "Sign in" next to the Ethereum logo.
- On the login page, find for "Don't have an account? Click to Sign Up" and click the Click to Sign Up.
- On the registration page, enter the details and make sure the "Agree" checkbox is already ticked.
- After filling all the details, you can click the "Create an Account" button.
Note: You will need to tick the reCaptcha checkbox to confirm you are human otherwise you are not allowed to proceed.
- Great! You have successfully signed up for an Etherscan account.
- A verification email has been sent to your inbox. If you are unable to find the email, check your Spam/Junk folder. Alternatively, wait a few minutes as sometimes the mail service could be congested.
- Open the "Account Pending" verification email and click on the confirmation link which will activate your account.
- Once verified, you are now able to login to your Etherscan account.
Now you can log in with your username and password to access all the fantastic tools that etherscan.io provides for registered users!