Registered Etherscan.io users can add a private note of up to 100 characters on any transaction. This function is useful for transaction tracking.
To add a note to a particular transaction on Etherscan.io:
- Log in to Etherscan.io.
- Go to the transaction hash (Txhash) that you wish to add a note.
- At the bottom of the page, there is a “Private Note” section.
- Type in your note in the box. Please do NOT store any passwords or private keys here.
- Press enter on your keyboard upon finishing.
- The transaction note will be stored and updated.
- The transaction note will only appear when you are logged in on your Etherscan account and is not visible to other users.
- To see all of your transaction private notes, go to the top of the Etherscan.io page, hover the cursor over your Etherscan username and click on Txn Private Notes (refer attached screenshot below)